We get our work done by going into communities where mental health services are perhaps most needed. If people do not have insurance and cannot cover the cost of services, we do not turn them away! Our goal is to give back to Chicago by helping local communities make positive change at both the individual and community level. We are grateful for every donation, at any value. Money which is received by TCFMH is used to cover the cost of services for individuals that are not covered by insurance. Donations also cover the prevention work our talented clinicians do, which is vitally important to any community.
What work are we currently doing?
- As of October 1st, 2022, we have given a total of 542 individual or family therapy sessions in the Auburn Gresham community!
- We are especially excited about the work we are doing in St. Sabina Academy, a Catholic school that is K-8. We are providing individual therapy services to students as well as teaching social emotional learning (SEL) classes to every student in every grade! The topics covered include: self awareness (including labeling emotions), self management, decision making, and relationship building skills.
- We are offering group therapy for adolescents and mothers (two separate groups) who have lost a loved one to gun violence.
- We have run trauma informed trainings for on campus organizations, including Purpose Over Pain and the Martin Luther King Center. These trainings aim to help organizations function and implement trauma informed principals.
- We have partnered with the B.R.A.V.E. group on St. Sabina's campus, working to decrease mental health stigma and offer education on mental health.
- We are offering individual and family therapy services to people in need from the Little Village community in Chicago.
Why should you donate to us instead of another 501c3 organization?
- We are getting work done, and we have a sustainable model! By accepting most major insurance policies (including Medicaid and Medicare), we do not rely solely on donor funding. We believe it is important, especially when working in communities dealing with high levels of trauma, that our organization remains funded and available to the community! For this reason, having a sustainable model is important.
- We hire really good talent! We are not looking to throw just anyone out into our community mental health locations, because we are looking for results-positive outcomes. This is a main reason why we need your donations-keeping good talent means paying them well! It is important to us that we provide a livable wage to our employees, as we believe this transcends to our patients' quality of care.
- We apply a holistic model with our community partners, offering interventions at the individual, family, and community level.